The blog assignment is a great addition to the course. I feel as if many college classes lack a portal in which classmates can get to know and contact each other. The blogs allowed me to reach out to the many faces I see during lecture. I also got to voice my opinion which is often lost when dealing with such a large class. In return I received a lot of supportive comments and helpful suggestions such as the ones from the "vision blog".
At times, the blogs got a little irritating because of the deadlines and I didn't find each topic particularly stimulating. But then again, not every assignment in college is interesting.
The blog should definitely remain a component of the class because it is an easy way to gain that extra 20% (especially if people are shy in raising their hands during lecture). It's a reasonable assignment considering the majority of students are connected to the web via smartphone, laptop, ipad, etc. It's almost like a step into the future and ditching the traditional ways of boring paper assignments (not to mention it's super eco-friendly!).
No comments:
Post a Comment